Monday, May 21, 2007

Enough Time

See-- I told you I didn't have enough time for this... (although I do appreciate all of your encouraging comments) I have a whole laundry room full of clothes waiting for me-- thanks a lot Emperor! Most other emperors I know hire someone else to wash their dirty underwear! But I digress... This is about time-- I made the shocking comment that the emperor and his brother should actually take advantage of our postal service and send out a--- brace yourself-- a HANDWRITTEN note to a friend who can't be on the computer momentarily. A lovely gesture, I thought... something that a good friend might do... but NO--THAT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG!! Oh what has this age of computers, e-mails and blogs wrought? Laziness-- pure and simple!

For this --as mother of the Emperor--and his brother -- I challenge you all on this very day, May 21, 2007 to write a real letter to a friend, put it in an envelpope (you remember those things that you lick the flap--yuck-- and seel?) place a postage stamp in the upper right corner, and the complete address and zip code in the middle. If you want, you can even put your return address in the top left corner so that it will be returned to you in case you messed up on the previous two steps.

Accept this challenge, and on your honor-- post back here when your mission is accomplished. I will ensure that you will be in the good graces of the emperor --and maybe even reward you myself the next time we meet!

8 comments:

micheller said...

i did it! i sent a letter 2 my friends that live in hollister!

Debater said...

I wrote, but u didn't send it whe u went drop mad. off at ballet

ItalianMama said...

Very good! I'm proud of you... and if you were here I would pinch your sweet cheek-- I'll make sure my son, the Emperor, treats you well!... And I won't forget your prize.

As for YOU--Mr. Debater-- How whiney is that? You, with such power and clout-- the brother of the emperor-- can't post his own letters?
There is a unique feature in our U.S. Postal system. For .41 they not only deliver the letter to the proper address--we hope-- BUT- they will also pick it up! All you have to do is put the stamped letter in your own mailbox and put up the little red flag. This alerts the mailman that there is a pick up and not just old mail you forgot to bring in. This handy dandy feature takes takes the burden off of the Queen of Italy who you will normally find buried in the laundryroom-- and it will also save your poor unshod feet from running across an unsafe parkinglot to the actual post office. Hooray! a win-win situation!

Drama Queen said...

Well, I sent a letter all dressed up like you said RECENTLY, as did michelle. it was already sent when this post was posted. does that count?

ItalianMama said...

If yyou meaan BEFORE I posted the challenge-- then I'm sure you already know the answer... so do it again! It's not too tough!

Imperator said...

Sorry Catie! I guess you have too write ANOTHER Letter. I was writing a letter, but I forgot the person's adress and cannot find it. Does that count ItalianMama?

Drama Queen said...

I think its time for another post...

ItalianMama said...

Why? Is the Emperor getting out of line again?